Sunday 21 July 2013

Elephant Hawk Moth

A great end to a totally rubbish week. Last Saturday I had an accident, where I tripped at a friend's house and managed to knock myself unconscious, break my wrist and ribs and possibly my nose. I have spent a week mostly lying on the sofa, often in extreme pain; cracked ribs are so painful! So I have not been able to get out and do any birding or mothing or anything, other than visit A&E and X-ray departments. To cheer me up my 13 year old Jamie offered to set up the moth bulb last night and sit with me in the garden.

After about an hour I certainly was cheered up when we had our first ever Elephant Hawk Moth. It flew around the garden close to the lamp and landed on bushes. It was happy to then walk onto my hand and be placed on the white sheet, where it remained for another hour until we called it a night and placed the moth back onto a nearby bush.




1 comment:

  1. A well deserved moth Martin and a bloody smart one too!

    ReplyDelete