Friday 1 October 2010

Shetland Bound

Does anyone know where I can by a re inforced umbrella? Tomorrow I am off to Shetland with a few of the lads and apparently Mr Weatherforcasterman is saying Shetland is going to be battered today and tomorrow with at least a million mile an hour south/easterlies, and therefore Mr UK400man is suggesting that we will be triping over megas. This being the case I expect to have common muck such as Barred warblers, Rosefinches, Bluethroats, Yellow Browdes, PG Tips etc raining out of the heavens, hence the need for the umbrella.

So far, bar the Norfolk yankee flycatcher sp. it has gone somewhat spectacularly wrong this autumn bird wise, missing out on lifers; Arctic Warbler, Isabaline Shrike and Icky (yes I still need icky!) so I am hoping to put it all right with a haul of megas on Shetland so impressive, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel! (I love Blackadder as well as birding)

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment