Monday 11 November 2013

Pied Wheatear, Notts! (well actually yes it was)

It's been a bad year tick wise, with just 2 ticks to my name in 2013, for various reasons that I wont bore you with now. Anyway, late news on Saturday night of a Pied Wheatear in Nottinghamshire had me making plans to go for my first new bird in 5 months. News that the bird was still present at 8.30am the next morning came through and I was on the road to pick up Shaun before 9am, before meeting Jono just up the M11 before journeying north. Two and a quarter hours later, we were there, along with with quite a big crowd (c100).          
Shaun et al  

The bird showed distantly almost immediately and within 30 minutes or so it made it way much closer eventually providing very nice views.


This was my 399 BOU tick. I wonder what 400 will be!!




On the way home we stopped for a Glossy Ibis to cap off a good day out. Shame it was a a bit too far for good pics.    


Really enjoyed a great twitch with Shaun and Jono. It was like the good old days and I am looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment